Youth Beef Industry Tour
Youth from across the state visit operations representing all aspects of the beef industry in NC.
Youth Beef Quality Assurance
Training our youth to use proper BQA techniques to help us assure our customers of the safety of the beef we sell.
Skillathon, Livestock Schools, 4-H, FFA, & Livestock Judging
Support contests throughout the state & regionally to assist youth in skills necessary to cattle production and assist the NCSU 4H Skillathon team as they compete nationally.
Supports two interns to assist with duties of the NCCA & Beef Council. Several former interns attend the School of Vet Medicine as Food Animal Scholars & more effectively help the cattlemen they will serve.
NC Jr Beef Roundup
Sponsor & coordinate the show, educational programs & contests.
- Support of the NC 4H Livestock Judging Program
- Support of the NC FFA Livestock Judging Program
- Support of the NC 4H Skillathon Program
- Support of the NC 4H Quizbowl Program
- Support of the NC Junior Beef Roundup
- Supports the NCSU Beef Camp
- Support and Assistance with multiple Youth Leadership Programs
- Supports Youth Bar-B-Que Boot camps
- Support NCSU Farm Animal Days. This event draws approximately 10,000 urban and suburban children, teachers and parents annually to understand more about modern agriculture
- Support NC Leadership and Cattle Handling for Future Farmers
- Support Forage Management workshops for youth
- Support the Beef Quality Assurance and Cattle Handling contest for FFA youth