Welcome to the North Carolina Beef Quality Assurance!
Focused on the safety, wholesomeness, and quality of beef
In the mid-1990s, BQA in North Carolina was introduced as the North Carolina Certified Beef Production program. The program, now entitled North Carolina - Beef Quality Assurance (NC-BQA), is a cooperative effort between beef producers, veterinarians, nutritionists, extension staff, and other professionals from North Carolina State University, the North Carolina Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, the North Carolina Cattlemen’s Association, and the North Carolina Cattlemen’s Beef Council.
By participating in the North Carolina – Beef Quality Assurance (NC-BQA) program and adopting BQA production practices, you are positioning your business to take advantage of opportunities that lie ahead. Making a commitment to BQA isn’t just the right thing to do for the consumer, it can also open doors to new marketing opportunities for participating producers.
The NC-BQA program is designed to assist producers to:
- Set production standards that can be met or exceeded.
- Establish systems for data retention and record keeping.
- Provide training and education encompassing the BQA guidelines and technical assistance through the North Carolina Cattlemen’s Association, NC-BQA certified veterinarians, and North Carolina State University extension staff.
Learn more about the Beef Quality Assurance program at BQA.org
- Go to the Certification page to view certification and recertification requirements and register for a BQA training session.
- View and download NC-BQA record-keeping forms for your use.
- Need to order an NC-BQA sign? Order a sign here.
- Have any questions about NC-BQA? See if your answer is under the FAQ.